Skip to main content

Geek-a-thon Birthday!

Spent my entire day knee/neck deep in multiple Sun Cluster nightmarish catch-22s and meta database corruption hell... add the innocent and well intentioned and way too frequent queries of "how's it going?" My pat reply was a mildly churlish grin with, "um, not sure yet, could be a month or more..." After the look of shock starts to spread across their faces, I reply with a juvenile, "just kidding!" It works.


Finally got everything completely unscrewed just in time for me to head out of work to pick up my little buddy, who was saying good bye to a sweet daycare worker who is headed back to Louisiana after having come here to start a new life. Sadly reminded me in many ways of how I met my ex, she being from Louisiana and coming here for a new life... but here boyfriend here in Colorado turned out to be a "dirt bag," in her words, and she's going back. I told her, she probably isn't going to miss the winter that is surely waiting for us to get lulled into a false sense of mildness... I suspect we're in for at least one good white-out condition, shut the town down blizzard soon. Wow, beer does lead me to ramble.

Anyhoo, Ethan is watching his Star Wars cartoon after we tossed the football around the living room while I talked to my mom trying to assuage her fears that her youngest child, even at 43 years of age, is doing fine. Have pizza coming out of the oven, we are going to play some Wii Sports, and generally have a great giggle fest, and then snuggle in for a cool movie or some Discovery Channel or NGC show, like "How it's made," or "World's dirtiest jobs," or some such. I'm a VERY lucky man, what, with such a low-maintenance and kind and empathetic little boy and a drama-free co-parenting arrangement with his mother (no baby-mama-drama, boy-eee!).

Ethan was just dying to give me his present since I picked him up on Wednesday... he absolutely forced me, even before I could hide in the bathroom this morning to open my present... comfy house-shoe-moccasins. And a cute birthday card, complete with bright-flashing LEDs around a bulldog's collar. Yep, I'm am very lucky, very, lucky indeed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fuck.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck

Still cannot quite believe it...

“Rosa sat, so Martin can walk, so Obama could run, so our children can fly.”