Skip to main content

American Idiot

So, I was in the gym minding my own business when this little dude (shorter than I, so yeah, little) walks up to the woman working out next to me and I can't help but over hear him prattling on about how he is going to set up tables at an old folks home and get medicare to pay for his 'services.' I assume he's a massage therapist or worse, a chiropractor.

I don't pay it much mind, but then he launches into a mini-diatribe toward his clearly uninterested friend about how Obama is going to ruin the health care industry in his first year in office, and blah, fucking, blah, fucking, yada, yada.

I sighed loudly and rolled my eyes.

He turned to me, and asked me what I thought since I obviously didn't agree. I told him that I thought if we could borrow what works from European and Canadian models I think we could seriously reduce the cost of health care (which is the highest in the world, yet we have a much higher mortality rate anyway) and provide coverage for many more people.

He turned beet-red and started ranting about how I "didn't have a clue," and asked if I'd ever been to Canada or Europe with a vicious condescending tone...

At that point I cut the motherfucker off, and said, "that's some high risk behavior you like to indulge in. With you insulting perfect strangers like this, I hope your insurance company will cover you getting your ass beat by somebody less tolerant than I am."

He stood their stunned, silent, and I just turned back to the TV and pedaled a little faster with a grin on my face.

Fucking idiots and their goddamn pseudo-intellectual fucking talking points... god I hate them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fuck.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck

Still cannot quite believe it...

“Rosa sat, so Martin can walk, so Obama could run, so our children can fly.”