Skip to main content

Friends...

Like clockwork, and old friend of mine, an unapologetic Republican/Authoritarian-lover sends me a video blaming the current economic crises soley on Democrats just to simply piss me off.

Well, I vented a wee bit.

Hope he doesn't come to hate me now. Here it is, including the relevent picture.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, this could be an endless game, but I'm going to vote for Obama because I like the idea of rednecks having aneurysms over the idea of an intelligent and articulate black man in the White House, and you're going to vote for McCain for whatever reasons you think you have. That's fine and yeah for democracy. Of course, that isn't really why I'm going to vote for Obama, but it's a nice side benefit. Pissing off asshole bigots and rubbing their underserved superiority complexes in their face will be fun, but alas, isn't going to help of course, but it will be a nice dessert topping if you will. No, I'm not, ultimately voting for him because of that, as fun as that will be, but rather, I'm am sick of the politics of fear, bigotry, and envy being used to scare middle class people into supporting policies that not only do not help them, but hurt them. Pretty simple.

I'd like to see, maybe, perhaps, some course correction for our country, but voting for the Republicans to keep the White House doesn't logically lead to that, no matter what they (or you) say or believe/wish.

It really seems to just be like a stupid football game for most people. Not for me. I'm not rooting for the Raiders this year or the Patriots; pick your sports analogy.

Obama is probably going to win your state, and why shouldn't he? Even though your Democratic governor is unpopular, and the Mayor of Detroit is a felon, people still know who has been in charge of and made most of the stupid decisions of last decade nationally. Even if they aren't correct, like Bill O'Reilly lamented about tonight, it doesn't matter that Democrats happen to be in control of Congress, people are going to blame Republicans. And I am frankly pleased with that, because Republicans thrive on divisive hate and bigotry and I'm going to take the opportunity to enjoy a little schedenfraude while I can still afford to... the party of personal responsibility deserves a swift fucking kick in the nuts, and I'm going to enjoy it in slow motion.

All that aside, I'm simply tired, tired, tired of arguing with people that cannot just be honest enough to say, I'm a Republican because they get me, I'm an "E over I," kinda guy. And just say, "Me like order, me like strong guy who'll bomb people. Fucking poor brown people shouldn't take my money, ughh..."

I get it, it is simple, but the self-deception is galling, but I get it. Insecurities and anti-intellectualism aside, it is simple as that.

Yes, of course that's an unfair oversimplification, but it isn't far off from some of the people I've met while canvassing and phone banking.

I'm pleased you knew what the Glass-Steagall Act was... and that's the problem, is that it "was." It was put in place after the Great Depression for a reason and stupid greedy, selfish assholes, Republicans/Democrats both found incumbency more important than another possible "great depression," which might follow course, and we'll have another goddamn "great war," to follow... lovely huh? We fucked ourselves and our economic partners for short term greed, and the rest of the world is pissed off and/or laughing at us. I don't care why you are going to vote for McCain, and frankly, I'm sure you don't care why I'm not. If you really think his campaign and his policy positions are superior to Obama's and that is why you are voting for him fine. Who am I to doubt you?

Love,

Steve

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fuck.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck

Still cannot quite believe it...

“Rosa sat, so Martin can walk, so Obama could run, so our children can fly.”